Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Untitled

Hey there! I've posted a snippet or two, so you know I've been working. I really need a title for my "mad science" story, since it's nearly finished (pretty much just the sex scene left to go) and nothing has presented itself as the obvious title yet.

I have a love-hate relationship with titles. Sometimes a title will leap out of nowhere and demand a story to go with it. My entire One Mind series, for example -- Of One Mind and "Of Sound Mind" you know about, but there's also State of Mind that's on the back burner, and Mind Over Matter which doesn't even have a real plot attached to it yet, just a character.

Sometimes I have a title in mind while I'm writing a story, but by the time I'm done with the writing, the title no longer works for the story. Safe Harbor began its life as A Tangled Web.

And way too much of the time, I have no idea what would make a good title for a story. Like this one. Anyone have any suggestions? Come on; I've got a mad scientist who's obsessed with a TV actor who plays a mad scientist. That's got to spark some ideas, right?

I didn't write last night -- it was Valentine's Day and I wanted to spend it with my sweetie -- so I don't have a snippet for you today. But I'm hoping to write tonight, so keep your eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment