Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Missed One!

Whoops, I missed out a snippet for you, didn't I? I did write on Monday night -- quite a lot, actually, at least for me. And then I wrote yesterday during the day, and I'd fully intended to write some more last night, but I had some dental work in the afternoon and by evening my face was too swollen and achey for me to even think about writing. Which made me grateful I'd written during the day -- I didn't have to write the whole day off as a loss.

But since I didn't give you a snippet from Monday, then I guess today you get two snippets. Lucky you! What I've been working on for the last couple of days is an as-yet unnamed contemporary about television and mad scientists.

"This actually looks like real science."

David looked pleased. "Well, some of them are, sort of. Joey said I could design the lab sets for the second half of the season, since my undergrad degree is in chemistry. He thought it would be a fun thing for the fans in the know to scrap together trivia about what kinds of experiments are in process. Maybe even throw in a few clues about the plot or something."

Carter shot David a look, his eyebrows raising. "Joey thought that?"

David blushed again. "Um. Well, he agreed when I said it might be fun and said if I wanted to do all the work, he wasn't going to stop me."

And a second one...

David's eyes were locked on Carter's, wide with emotion. "Wow," he breathed. "You're... I mean. This doesn't come through in interviews and stuff. This... passion. You're really intense."

"Sorry," Carter said. He looked aside, setting down the half-eaten noodles and trying to slow his breathing. "Yes. I can get a little--"

"Don't be sorry," David said. He reached across the space between them and put his hand on Carter's. Carter nearly expected an electric jolt, but David's hand was merely warm. "I like it."

That one's about halfway done, so I'm hoping I might manage to finish it by the end of the month. It's not due for a couple of months, though, so I've got some wiggle room. Feel free to speak up and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment