Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Four Things Make a Post

I got the cover art for the Weird Science anthology, coming out next month! Check it out!


Is that not cool? And it's pretty much exactly what I envisioned as the "show" set for my story, "Doctor Tentacle and the Pheromone Incident", which is about a man who plays a mad scientist on a TV show, and the show's gopher/intern, who just might be a real mad scientist in his spare time... It was a fun story to write, and I can't wait to see it in print!

***

I know I promised you pictures from the Roanoke Pride Festival, but... we didn't get there until late in the day, and either half the vendors had already left because of the rain, or else it was much lamer than last year. And to make matters worse, the friend I was with had an asthma attack from all the cigarette smoke in the air. So we only stayed for about an hour, and no, I didn't spot Jesse.

I did kiss a queer, though. I made some quip to my friend about putting onions on my cheeseburger "because it's not like I'm going to kiss anyone today, anyway," and the sweet, 60-ish man running the burger stand said, "Don't be too sure of that!" and leaned over the counter and puckered up.

***

And in further news, I've signed on as a part-time editor with JMS Books. I'm excited for this -- I've met JM a couple of times in person, and she's fantastic, and it's also great to be expanding that part of my resume.

***

And finally, the contest! My winner is umchic on LiveJournal -- drop me an email at liz (dot) brooks (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send you a copy of Assumption of Desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment