Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Meme'd!

BA Tortuga tagged me on the Lucky Seven meme!

Rules: Go to page 7 or 77 of your latest work. Read down to the seventh line and then online the next seven lines or sentences. Then head off and tag seven more writers.

I'm not sure if "latest work" means latest published, or current work-in-progress. So, with typical floppiness, I offer both!

From my latest publication, Assumption of Desire:

...karaoke night. No fewer than six tables had been pushed together in one corner, and they'd been liberally festooned with streamers and balloons. Half the balloons were long and phallic, though a few over the women's chairs had been cleverly twisted into yoni. Holding court over one end of the tables, fully decked out in sequins and feathers and glitter was -- of course -- Jesse.

Ah, Jesse, you scamp.

And from my latest WIP, working title "Taming the Dragon":

...who would want his daughters married to a man who might not give them sons?

It was a life of luxury and leisure, but it did little to calm the seething anger that haunted Zhan's breast. As he laid each night in the fine cotton and silk sheets of the wide bed, Wen Fai curled on his pallet nearby, Zhan could summon no sense of gratitude for his absent host, nor forgiveness for his father's betrayal.

***

One morning, as Zhan was studying a triad of short poems in praise of the Emperor's third wife, his contemplation of the subtle rhythm of the syllables was interrupted by a loud...

I note that my writing software has much wider margins than my published pieces, heh.

And finally, to tag onward! I choose: Lynn Townsend, JM Cartwright, Rowan McBride, and Chris Owen. And just because there's no reason to stay in-genre, I tag my favorite sci-fi/fantasy duo, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. And because it's good sometimes to reach for the unreachable stars, and also because, well, why not?... Neil Gaiman.

No comments:

Post a Comment