Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreamtime

I don't know if I'm still coming back from the stress of the holidays, or if I'm fighting a cold, or what, but all I want to do lately is play low-mental-effort games and sleep. So I haven't done a lot of writing in the last week.

I did, however, have a really vivid dream the other morning, about a guy I had a crush on many many years ago (I don't even remember his last name anymore; that's how long ago it was). The details of the dream are gone, but as I woke up, they transformed into the kernel of an idea for a story. I got up and scrambled for a pen -- why is it that I can't seem to keep a pen by my bed? Every time I put one there, it disappears! -- and finally went downstairs and forbade anyone to speak to me until I'd gotten the idea jotted down in my Ideas folder in my iPad.

I'm still trying to decide if it's a standalone notion or if it'll get combined with another plot thread I had a while back, but it's a fun notion and the opening prologue scene is already all but written in my head, so I'm looking forward to it.

This weekend is MarsCon! I won't be there in any official capacity, but I'll be there nonetheless, and hopefully (if I can find a little time to print them) I'll be leaving a few flyers around for Of One Mind and Safe Harbor. Look for me and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment