Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Between Breaths

So between assorted illnesses and drama at the Day Job and a recurring (or perhaps persistent) exhaustion, this wasn't my best writing week.

But I did answer an interview for the Literate Libran to go along with a review she's going to do of Safe Harbor. I'm not sure when that's going to go up, but I'll be sure to let you know when it does -- and you should definitely check it out, because she'll be holding a contest for some swag!

I did get an inspiration for a new story for Torquere's new "Weird Science" submission call and wrote a thousand words or so for it. It's not due until June, but the plot bunnies who nibble my toes are the ones who get picked up and petted. (And if it doesn't work for the anthology, I'm pretty sure it'll stand alone.)

But for those of you playing along at home, that's technically three active Works in Progress: Foxfur, The New Story Which Has Yet To Be Titled, and my Weird Science submission. I really need to pull it together and start actually... you know. Writing.

Alas, I don't see this week being much better. The Day Job is completely kicking my behind (what is up with them expecting me to do things???), the daughter's school is doing a bizarre and inexplicable week of half-days and days off that accompany the end of the semester, and I've got several different editing jobs waiting in the wings, two of which are on tight deadlines. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment