Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review Roundup

So last week was kind of busy, what with the MarsCon report and my guest blog and all, so this week, I want to squee over some great reviews I've seen lately! (A note to my LiveJournal friends -- there are links in this post that won't be visible to you because of the crosspost process. For these and all review links, please visit my Reviews page at http://everyworldneedslove.blogspot.com/p/reviews.html.)

Duty and Desire got a 4-star rating from Night Owl Reviews. The reviewer said:
This collection of short stories provides both a stimulating collection of erotic tales and a thumbnail sketch of the various challenges that face the men and women who serve their country by being part of the military. The different perspectives provided by this talented group of authors vividly paint a moment in time that gives an opportunity for lovers to escape the harsh reality of war and separation, sometimes even though they are miles apart figuratively or literally. Many of these authors were new to me but all of them have penned a concise and entertaining read.

Seductress got a 5-star rating from Vanessa at Intense Sensations. She said:
D.L. King has done a wonderful job because she has brought together in one book some of the finest contemporary erotic writers and given them a theme that has evidently inspired them to new heights. So if you’ve never thought about sex with a succubus and you’d like to know more, this is a good place to start. If, like me, you’ve thought of it often and consider yourself something of an expert, this book will take you to the next level. Believe me, it really is that good!

And over on Goodreads, a reviewer for Affaire de Coeur* magazine gave a 4-star rating to He Loves Me For My Brainsss, saying:
...a romantic, funny, sexy, and in some cases, even thought provoking - in an undead sort of way - anthology. I loved the tongue-in-cheek humor and the creativity of the authors, some whose writing I plan to read more of.
* The link goes to the magazine front page; the review either isn't posted yet or will only be in the print version. The Goodreads review is at http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/503421675

I'm very excited to have seen so much great press for the collections I've been part of!

Next week, perhaps, a taste from my most recent story submission, "The Dancing Princess".

No comments:

Post a Comment